Briese Focus 140 2.5K HMI Kit
The Focus 140 provides a detailed and crisp light that can sift out details, animate surfaces, or accentuate wrinkles in weathered faces. Good for atmospheric close-ups but also good for shots from medium distances. The Focus 140 provides a great range of lighting between “Spot” and “Flood”: hard, soft, and everything that’s in between. Good for portraits but also for group shots and whenever space is of no relevance. His Inventor H.W. Briese, says of this reflector: “If you have it, you’ll never lose.”
The Focus 140 is often described as an all-around reflector. With a manageable size of 140cm and its vast range of lighting, it represents genuine flexibility.
The patented Briese Focus system features a light source situated on a movable axis in the center of the reflector. The lamp head, focusing tube (spacer), and light source form a straight line. By focusing the unit, the beam angle and the spread of light can be changed sequentially.
When the lamp head is extended (spot position), there is a narrower beam angle with a highly intense, strongly defined illumination. If the lamp head is retracted (flood position), there is a wider beam angle which creates diffuse, very evenly spread illumination. There is an infinite range of adjustability between these two positions, whereby the luminance remains consistent, achieving a light efficiency far beyond that reached by conventional lighting engineering.
Our rental kit includes the following:
- Briese Focus 140 Reflector Umbrella
- Briese Focus Stand Mount with Comfort Lever
- Briese Focus Set-Up Helper Plunger
- Briese Set Up Ring
- Briese Break Down Ring
- Briese Focus 140 Diffusion #3
- Briese Focus 140 Diffusion St.
- Briese Focus 140 Travel Box
- Briese T4 Daylight HMI Lamp Head 2.5K
- Briese Focus 140 HMI Spacer 2.5K
- Briese Pyrex Shell HMI 2.5K
- 2 x 2500W HMI Special Bulb
- Briese 2.5K Counterlight Reflector
- Briese 300 Hz Electronic Ballast (1000 Hz High-Speed Ballast available upon request)
- Briese Compact Roller Case