The RED DSMC2 BRAIN with GEMINI 5K S35 Sensor features a low-light capable sensor, with dual ISO 800/3200. The GEMINI provides cleaner imagery with less noise and better shadow detail. The DSMC2 BRAIN is capable of data write speeds of 300 MB/s, and can simultaneously record in REDCODE RAW and Apple ProRes or Avid DNxHR/HD. This camera was used by NASA to record low-light images in space.
Due to its 2 stops sensitivity over the HELIUM sensor, the GEMINI is now even more capable of capturing what you see in low-light scenarios. This sensor falls in size between the MONSTRO and the HELIUM (30.72 x 18mm; 35.61mm diagonal). GEMINI captures 5K RED RAW @ 96fps and includes what RED calls “big pixels”.
- Sensor Type: GEMINI 15.4 Megapixel Dual Sensitivity CMOS
- Sensor Size: 30.72 mm x 18.0 mm (Diagonal: 35.61 mm)
- Dynamic Range: 16.5+ stops
- Max Frame Rates:
- 75 fps at 5K Full Height 1.7:1 (5120 x 3000)
- 96 fps at 5K Full Format (5120 x 2700), 120 fps at 5K 2.4:1 (5120 x 2160)
- 120 fps at 4K Full Format (4096 x 2160), 150 fps at 4K 2.4:1 (4096 x 1728)
- 150 fps at 3K Full Format (3072 x 1620), 200 fps at 3K 2.4:1 (3072 x 1296)
- 240 fps at 2K Full Format (2048 x 1080), 300 fps at 2K 2.4:1 (2048 x 864)
- Weight: 3.35 lbs