The RED DSMC2 BRAIN with MONSTRO 8K VV Sensor – PL Mount is capable of shooting motion and stills in 8K 2.4:1 at up to 75 frames per second (fps), or 8K FF 17:9 at 60 fps. The MONSTRO 8K VV sensor delivers cinematic image quality with 40.96mm x 21.6mm dimensions.
At full 8K resolution, the MONSTRO sensor captures 35.4 Megapixel motion and stills with low noise and now ships with IPP2, RED’s improved image processing pipeline. MONSTRO 8K VV provides an advanced VFX solution with next-level creative flexibility. Blazing-fast 300 MB/s data rates allow you to take advantage of the best possible REDCODE®settings, and record proxy 4K Apple ProRes or 4K Avid DNxHR formats, simultaneously.
As a member of the DSMC2® camera lineup, MONSTRO 8K VV benefits from the advanced modularity of the REDecosystem. Featuring cable-free peripherals, an integrated mounting plate, wireless control, and compatibility with a growing number of DSMC2 modules and accessories. MONSTRO also supports interchangeable OLPFs and lens mounts, empowering you to make the most of all of your VV compatible PL and Canon lenses.
- Sensor Type: MONSTRO 35.4 Megapixel CMOS
- Sensor Size: 40.96 mm x 21.60 mm (Diagonal: 46.31 mm)
- Dynamic Range: 17+ Stops
- Max Frame Rates:
- 60 fps at 8K Full Format (8192 x 4320), 75 fps at 8K 2.4:1 (8192 x 3456)
- 60 fps at 7K Full Format (7168 x 3780), 75 fps at 7K 2.4:1 (7168 x 3024)
- 75 fps at 6K Full Format (6144 x 3240), 100 fps at 6K 2.4:1 (6144 x 2592)
- 96 fps at 5K Full Format (5120 x 2700), 120 fps at 5K 2.4:1 (5120 x 2160)
- 120 fps at 4K Full Format (4096 x 2160), 150 fps at 4K 2.4:1 (4096 x 1728)
- 150 fps at 3K Full Format (3072 x 1620), 200 fps at 3K 2.4:1 (3072 x 1296)
- 240 fps at 2K Full Format (2048 x 1080), 300 fps at 2K 2.4:1 (2048 x 864)
- Weight: 7.30 lbs (with Integrated Media Bay, PL Mount, and Gold Mount)