Sony FS7 MKII
Sony’s FS7 MKII Super 35 Camera System is a flexible 4K camera system. The camera incorporates a stronger locking E-mount that is fully compatible with E-Mount lenses, and supports all electronic connections. The locking mount reduces lens play, and allows you to use most 35mm lenses including PL, EF, Leica, and Nikon via optional adapters. This stronger E-mount is ideal for using heavier-long cine-zooms without the need for additional lens support.
Just behind the lens mount sits an electronic variable ND system that provides a clear filter and 3 user definable presets. The variable ND can be adjusted to provide between 2 and 7 stops of ND. The camera can capture footage to optional on-board XQD media cards in either DCI 4K (4096 x 2160) or UHD 4K (3840 x 2160) at up to 59.94 fps or HD at up to 180 fps.
The camera records in your choice of XAVC-I, XAVC-L, or MPEG-2. However, MPEG-2 recording does not support the high data rates the camera can generate when shooting in UHD, and is limited to recording HD video only. The camera incorporates Dual XQD media card slots that support simultaneous or relay recording. An ergonomically designed handgrip provides control of many of the camera’s functions and features an adjustable length support arm.
- Image Sensor Size: CMOS Super35
- Sensor Resolution: 4096 x 2160
- Shutter Speed: 1/3 to 1/9000 sec
- Mechanical Filter Wheel with 2 Stop (1/4), 4 Stop (1/16), 6 Stop (1/64) ND Filters
- Variable Frame Rates: 1 to 180 fps
- Recording Modes:
- XAVC-I 4:2:2 10-Bit: 3840 x 2160p at 23.98/25/29.97/50/59.94 fps (240 to 600 MB/s)
- XAVC-L 4:2:0 8-Bit: 3840 x 2160p at 23.98/25/29.97/50/59.94 fps (100 to 150 MB/s)
- Weight: 9.9 lb / 4.4 kg